I just purchased the VP180 center channel to be placed below my projector screen (which hasn't yet been installed). I'm planning to install the projector screen with the bottom edge starting at 32" from the floor. This would put the VP180 between 20" (bottom edge) and 30" (top edge) from the floor. I was planning on flipping the VP180 over on to the angled surface so that it was pointing up to the seating position.

I ordered the speaker from the factory outlet and only after it was shipped did I notice that you can customize the speaker to utilize an "inverted" cabinet. So now I'm considering returning the speaker when it arrives and re-ordering the "inverted" cabinet.

What are the actual differences between the "regular" and "inverted" cabinet? I'm assuming the difference is that the "inverted" cabinet flips the back speaker terminal place and puts the drill holes for the feet on the angled surface? Are there any other, more significant differences in the construction of the speaker?

Would the "regular" cabinet work just as well flipped over on the angled surface?

Thanks!

Bryan