Ya know Guys...thinkin' about it for a moment, this whole center channel question is a lot tougher than it sounds on the surface

If you look at the way Axiom has positioned itself, the VP100 and 150 are the only way that currently works!!

Since most common receivers still offer just one crossover point for each and every speaker in use, and since the QS series only happily go down to around 80hz at best....

....and, take a look at the graphs for the bookshelf AND floorstanders. There ain't "really" a whole lot showing on the graphs below a good solid 80hz.!!! We're not exactly talkin' THX here, but I sure think I see a philosophical similarity evident!(of course, by default)

Read the posts here in the forum; most everyone uses 80hz as their crossover point cause it works best!!

I use 60hz with my M50s, and M3s as center and surrounds, but I do have to do some EQ work in my recvr to accomplish it! It works, but I'd still "Like More"!!!

So for those of us who, because of some character flaw, wish to cross below 80hz, and who want something closer to a full-range speaker in positions other than mains, we just don't currently have many options.

Right now the Axiom emphasis seems to be on the crown jewel 5.25" driver. My favorite; the 6.5, seems to bave been relegated to the bassment.

As I had mentioned in an earlier post; the avg Axiom based home theater a few years back was a few M3s around a 27" Trinitron. Now, however the number of truly serious and beautifully executed Home Theaters using Axiom products is growing at a frantic pace. The EP500 and 600 are a good indicator of the direction that Axiom is headed. I can't help but imagine that more good stuff has to be coming in the future.

I'm holding out for a new full(er)-range center And surrounds.
Rich.

......but not too long please,.....us folks in the "Grey Posse" can't wait forever!