Hi Jack,

No problems, I should have mentionned this in my last post.. but it was late, went to bed and then it I though of it.. The mains are set to large in my processor. But just to make absolutely sure, I connected my wife's IPOD directly into my Anthem MCA20 Amplifier using a 1/8 to RCA cable. Works like a charm and completely eliminates any potential processer issues, it's as close from source to output as I can get.

The results were the same, so I now know that my processor is not misconfigured, which given the complexity of this puppy is likely. I also called Anthem and talked to one of their engineers, he walked me through the menu systems, which I had done, but just wanted to make absolutely sure.

This is a combination of two things, first and foremost, the room is playing nasty tricks on me, standing waves etc..It needs to be tamed and fast. But in addition to that, I am starting to think that perhaps the inherent characteristics or "personality" of the Energy's are not suited to my tastes. When I first auditionned them in the audio store, my very first impression was " no bass" quickly followed by " a bump / peak in mid range". The male vocals of my test materials were considerably more pronounced than the rest of the sound, and I actually asked the salesperson to add a sub because the bass was so anemic. He assured me that the lack of bass was only due to the fact they were new and had not had time to break in, same with the mid range bump. Well, a good 500 hours later, I'm here to say the lack of bass is still there along with the mid range peak. Nothing really changed from that very first audition.

But I really need to take care of the room before I do anything else, things can only sound better from here on end :-)

Thank you everyone for your comments and sugestions thus far, I really appreciate it

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400