Hi Kent,

Umm, I wish I had a "pair of 50" plasmas" . Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I had a very similar experience using my original HT setup which was Energy Pro 3.5s bookshelfs for the fronts coupled with my current ES-10 sub. Although they performed very well together crossed over at the proper point there were still a noticeable gap between the fronts and sub. This is one of the reasons I upgraded to full towers, to lessen the dependancy of using a sub and to get a fully sound with less overall effort (speaker wise that it), I still love using the sub to augment the lower octaves but the gap is not as evident, if at all. I have said it a few times already, I like the use of a sub with my mains to get that extra punch and low end, I love bass, I play bass guitar and my bass amp has a 15" driver and 2 X 10" drivers and amp is all tube . So, Bass is my friend I am really not convinced that I am hearing the true nature of the Veritas 2.3s and that is why I am currently not keen on just "add the sub" and forget about it option just yet. Once I am satisfied that I am getting the best sound out of those 2.3s via room placement, acoustic treatments etc..when that "time" finally comes where I can say, OK, that's the best I can do with those, then I will dial in just the right amount of sub back in the equation.

Cheers,

Stephane

Acoustic Zen Adagio, Veritas center, Axiom EP500, QS8s, Anthem AVM20, MC20,Adcom GFA7400