Robb,

Not sure I understand your question.....but it's early and I'm still slamming espresso.

When you use the Avia disk, just run through the steps. First you calibrate the speakers, then the sub. It's a piece of cake. You will come to the part where the LFE cycles between each speaker and the sub. The disk sends a High freq to each speaker and a LFE tone to the sub. They say these test tones should match in volume. I never could get them to match with the 745, but was able to with my previous HK's. I haven't tried the Marantz yet, but will sometime today. If you can't get all the speakers to match, concentrate on matching the LFE tone to the mains.

The theory of matching all speakers like this is for proper X-over setting for each group of speakers. You may not have that option with your AVR.

I like my sub running at a -5 DB setting on the AVR, but about 5 DB higher in volume than the mains. (that way I can always bump it up some with the AVR and keep my fingers away from the sub's volume knob after it's set)

I played with the EP 600's trim in a much smaller room than yours. I keep it flat. I don't like using the trim on the sub. It seams to kill some of the kick ass LFE tracks.