>>Yeah Robb, how 'bout them M22s (especially for solo classical piano)!>>

John, I am absolutly taken back, I have never owned a piece of Audiophile equipment (even though I have always wanted to). I would like to think that I have a producers mind and always hear things in tracks that other people can't hear simply because I am just looking to learn more about production. The M22s just blow anything I have heard out of the water for the price.

I sat my wife down in the sweet spot last night, and played some ambient beats from Craig Armstrong (keep in mind that right now the speakers are set up in a corner setup and the sweet spot isn't at the top of the triangle). Let me first say when I was listening in the sweet spot, I have never heard the album sound so good...back on topic...When the vocals kicked in in 2 channel, she instantly said "you just turned the centre channel on didn't you?". Thats when I knew that these speakers are THAT good.

Thanks for explaining the Sub Calibrating bit, even though I can't really hear 75db of LFE doesn't mean that it isn't outputting 75db for calibration.

As for the trim, I tried the full setting last night, it seemed to boost output a bit. I will mess around with it and figure out which is the best. The room right now that they are in is upstairs that opens to a big kitchen through a doorway...I think my sub is only at about 5 o'clock and -7db on the reciever and it still shakes the pictures on the wall.

>>The theory of matching all speakers like this is for proper X-over setting for each group of speakers. You may not have that option with your AVR. >>

I can't do individual crossovers for the different speakers. Part of the reason I chose the M3s over the M2s is because they have a similar response curve to the M22s. The M3 centre sounds awsome BTW with the 5.1 stuff (I have yet to hook my M3s up in parallel, waiting for the projector).

Thanks for all the help guys, I should be able to borrow an SPL metre tonite and calibrate my system properly.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com