Thanks John.

To specify what I’m looking for…..

HDMI audio processing, not just switching. I need (want) something that will actually process the new lossless multi channel PCM audio streams off HD/DVD and Blue Ray players. All HDMI 1.1 audio supported receivers are “supposed” to be able to do this, but some just wont. My HK 745 for example is one of them that won’t. Even though HK says it will, it simply will not. Not just mine, but numerous other users have reported this and HK is denying it. I’ve given up on being their test mule as their tech support will not listen and I can’t get an HK engineer on the phone. Nuff said about that I reckon…..

I love the versatility of the HK’s audio set up. The individual channel set up, multiple X-over points, surround mode default settings, etc. Whatever I get has to have that same versatility.

One thing I’d really like to have is an OSD that will overlay onto an HD video stream (720P and higher). The HK will not and I don’t think the Denons will either. I’m not positive, but I believe the Yamaha 2700 will do this. I can not find in its manual any reference that it will not.

I have an external video processor (VP-50), so I do not need any video processing in the receiver or pre / pro. Whatever I get has to have a 1080P video bypass function. Not many will do this.

So far through my studying and reading of manuals, there are NO pre-amp / processors with the functions I’m looking for on the market with the exception of the Anthem D2 and AMV 50. Both of them also have integrated high end video processors and a hefty price tag. I’ve called NAD, Adcom, Lexicon and Rotel. None have what I need. And all of these pre/pro manufacturers all have the same thing to say about HDMI. “HDMI is still broke and we are waiting for the next version of 1.3 before we get serious about incorporating it into our equipment”…. I can’t say I blame them either.

So far, only the 2700 and the 4306 (and higher model demons) have what I’m looking for.

I’m not all that concerned with power as I plan to go with an external amp(s) as needed.