Greetings,

I've been lurking this web site for quite a while now from the suggestion of a co-worker who highly recommended Axiom speakers. Well, after careful research and reading many reviews, I hit the purchase button on a pair of M60s and a VP100 center, all of which will be arriving tomorrow.

Now I want to use decent quality speaker wire, and like an idiot, did not purchase the wire or banana plugs offered from Axiom. If I order the wire and plugs now, it'll be another week before I can set everything up, and well...that's really a painful idea. I can of course buy wire locally; I found Monster cable (16-gauge) at Circuit City, and found 14-gauge wire at Lowes, which I believe is manufactured by Phillips/Magnavox.

With price not being a purchasing/deciding factor, I guess what I'd really like to know is: what is the gauge of wire that I should consider with the Axioms? Also, I'll be purchasing the surrounds (QS4 or 8's) and EP350 sub in a few months.

Are the two brands I mentioned decent? Am I wasting my time with either? Or should I simply be patient for another week and immediately order the bulk 12-gauge cable and banana plugs from Axiom? Feel free to suggest another brand that I may be able to locate in the metro-Portland, Oregon area.

Many thanks for your replies.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Axiom M60v2, VP100v2, SVS SB12-Plus Yamaha HTR-5990, Oppo DV-981HD Samsung LN-S4692D