The speaker delay isn't Axiom's fault, but it IS Axiom's problem for choosing DHL as their shipper. I'd most definitely call Axiom and let them know what DHL is doing to you. I suspect that Axiom will do everything they can to get those speakers to you and to make sure you're satisfied. They really are great that way, so don't let DHL's screw-up discolor your opinion of Axiom.

If your speakers are actually at your local depot, then I would have to think that there is a very good chance that they'll show up today or tomorrow. It's not like they're stuck at a warehouse clear across the country.

One of my M80's looked like DHL had routed it through Baghdad. This is just the top. The bottom had another slash clear through the front of the box and halfway down each side that looked like someone had taken a knife to it. Surprisingly, no damage to the speaker.

DHL actually delivered my M80's one day earlier than scheduled, which was a nice surprise. But they also just left the speakers on my front porch without a signature, call or email. Kind of bittersweet. Sweet in that the speakers were there and waiting when I got home from work, and that I didn't have to call DHL and make arrangements to pick them up at some depot or take an afternoon off work. Bitter in that they sat on my front porch for 5 hours in plain view of traffic and I would have questioned the driver on all of the box damage. I live in a nice neighborhood, but anyone could pretty clearly read what they were and with a web browser could learn that there was $1,300 worth of equipment just sitting there. I had even requested from DHL's website for a call/email on the day of delivery, which never came. As a side note, UPS delivered my amp on the same day (signature wavier on file) and the driver left it at my back door, away from public view - a nice touch.

Shipping is free from Axiom, so it's hard to look a gift horse in the mouth, so-to-speak. It's pretty easy to assume that DHL under-bid UPS/Fedex for Axiom's business, but Axiom needs to know that in some cases our equipment is not arriving on time or in the most pristine condition.

As a side note, I've listened to everything that my local Magnolia store carries, Martin Logans, Def Teks, Vienna Acoustics, etc. Only the Vienna Acoustics sounded close to Axiom. The top of the line set that Magnolia carries (Mozart Grands) were $2800/pair. They do sound (and look) lovely and I would say that they do sound similar to M80's. However, the Magnolia guy said that it takes 2-3 weeks to get once you order them. Perhaps your store carries them in stock, but don't be surprised if they don't!

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office