Quote:

One of the grills on one of my M80's is missing two pegs.

I think this is a really common problem or Axiom has a bad batch of M80 grills. I had one broken peg on one M80 grill, and someone else around here commented that they just received M80's with broken grill pegs too. Axiom will cheerfully send you a replacement. Yeah, the pegs aren't missing, they're broken. You'll find the broken ends stuck in the speaker. Use a pair of needle-nose pliers to remove the peg remains from the hole.

While we're at it... I DO NOT like the new pegs. This is my only complaint about the M80's. My VP150 and M22Ti's were of the old 'V1' variety, and the pegs are simpler, nicer and more solid than these new 'ball-joint' V2 pegs. I felt comfortable installing/removing the old grills as often as my mood changes. I don't get the feeling that these new pegs will last that long - they're so flimsy!

Axiom ought to be using magnetic binding posts for the grills. I've seen a few other manufacturers use those and they're so slick. No holes in the cabinet for a clean look when grill-less, and the grills just 'snick' into place when you install them.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office