Congrats on the Axioms - I don't think you'll be dissapointed! Kudos to your buddy at work.

Speaker wire is at the very top of the audio superstitions chart. Some folks will tell you that only $500+/foot cable will do, while others say it makes no difference. You will get lots of opinions on way or the other.

I personally use 16 gauge Acoustic Research cables that I bought at the local Best Buy a few years back. Something like $40 for a 100 foot spool. It came with a few pairs of pin plugs, which are nicer than bare wire but can be a pain to position in the binding posts. It's held up just fine over several years - no discolorations, etc.

I bought a couple sets of bananna plugs for my mains, and I really like the ease of hookup with them. Another project will be to someday replace all of the ends with banannas. They make a nice and neat connection.

That said, I am thinking that my next upgrade might be beefier cables for my fronts, and the reason is just for cosmetic purposes. I do like the look of Axiom's cables, and their prices seem pretty reasonable so I may go that route.

Another note: You might want to tell Axiom that your co-worker recommended them. Axiom does have some kind of unofficial referral program - your buddy might get a small check from Axiom.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 02/20/07 03:41 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office