PDXGuy,

I feel your pain after going through a somewhat similar bout with DHL.

I ordered a second system for my dedicated theater last Wednesday. I got an email later that afternoon stating they shipped and was passed along the tracking numbers. First thing I noticed was, wow, they switched to DHL. Well I thought nothing of it at the time and took note of the ETA, which was slated for today Feb 20th.

Well, at first I thought the signs were great, for they actually showed up on the 19th, but then I noticed that not all of my order was delivered. So, I called DHL only to learn that the my mains never showed up, which is way they were not delivered. They told me they would call me and let me know when they have arrived and to let me know when they would be delivered.

Well they didn't call, and instead just dropped off and left my speakers on my pourch for anybody to take. I was pissed to say the least, not to mention the fact that the boxes look as if they were, well, let's just say they're tore up pretty damn good.

I haven't had the chance to unbox them yet, so I'm not sure if any of the speakers are/were damaged, but that will be on tomorrow's list of things that will get done.

Axiom rules, which is why I remain loyal and true to the company and the products in which they manufacture and sell, but this move to DHL is a very bad one in my own personal opinion.

I just wanted to share my story and let you know that you're not alone. I wouldn't give up on Axiom. I would give them a call and explain everything in full detail. They'll take great care of you and get this problem resolved.