I just finished auditioning the Klipsch RS42 surrounds, RC62 center and RB61 bookshelf's. Would a good comparison, or maybe competition might be better, in the Axiom's be the M22, QS4 and VP150 to the above Klipsch line up? Since I've never heard the Axiom's before and the Klipsch is, from what I've been told, similar in sound, ie: bright and upfront!?

I'm trying to get a feel for the Axiom's sound to see if I want to purchase. Mind you, I was very impressed with the Klipsch speakers. I auditioned my music and a movie I'm familiar with to compare with my present speaker HT setup. In reality I only use this system for HT but I want speakers that are musically equal in performance! Compared with my speakers the Klipsch were definitely brighter but not much more dynamic! The Klipsch are probably coloring the sound due to the horns and could be conceived as almost "harsh" but not in a bad way. Since the Axiom's don't use horns I assume their highs sound more laid back.

I know what I'm asking would be better served by an actual audition of the Axiom's but don't know anybody that has them, let alone even heard of them! I just want to know if anybody is familiar with the Klipsch and what are their impressions compared to the Axiom's listed above?

Truthfully, I was only looking for a new center but I am aware that matching the fronts and center is very important. This doubles my cash outlay if I look at the M22's and the VP150. I can always add the QS4's later. Actually the Klipsch RC62 and RS42's were very impressive. The RB61's were solid performers but not in the "I gotta have these" category.

Any comments or insights would be greatly appreciated!