Quote:

Our HT setup is in a room 20' x 11' x 7.5'. Which does well in channelling the sound to us in the seating area about 12' back. We both tend to be close to the outer 20' wall on opposite sides. If I could have the center point at us simultaneously then we'd each feel we'd have a near perfect setup. This would eliminate any "off-axis" for either of us! This twin speaker setup would, I believe, solve this problem.

zuter,
I am trying to picture your setup and considering that you say you sit 12' back, i'm assuming that your room dimensions then are 11' wide and 20' long.
With a width of 11' in the room, you will not require some angled dispersion from two centre channels. In my old basement setup, i tested the off axis repsponse if the VP150 across a range of about 12-14' approximately 9' away. Sitting even further back will blend the forward speakers even more.
I would estimate that at a 12' seating distance, you would have to be sitting at least 15' or more apart to potentially hear a difference from left to right.

Also keep in mind that having two units for a centre channel which are aimed differently can create sonic problems of its own.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."