Quote:

The speaker output from the amplifier is an analog signal so that is all that is needed. All receivers and pre-processors process the source input (DVD) digitally and apply bass management and delay times, then the signal is converted to analog before being fed to the receiver's amplifier segment.

Pro amplifiers do not have digital inputs because that is the job of the pre-processor, not the amplifier. Since the signal gets sent to the speakers in analog anyway, this step is unavoidable.

Wow, I did not realize my posts are converted to Latin

I realize whose job is whose. My questions are mostly "what ifs", my point is that it would be cool IF you could feed all the channels, with 1 cable, from the pre to the amp. Doing this, it would then be the job of the amp to convert the processed signal from digital to analog. I seem to recall a lot of talk about this being a digital amplifier, so why then is it fed an analog signal? If it's a digital amp, is the analog signal converted to digital to do what needs to be done then converted back to analog for output to the speakers? If so, seems like a lot of unneccessary conversion.

Again these are "What ifs" seeing as how I really don't know what goes under the hood of the amp.

Last edited by vassillios; 04/10/07 01:48 PM.

Made on a Mac