Greetings All:

I finally received my M60's and even with my current setup, which will or may cause you to laugh yourselves silly, I think the system sounds fabulous. However, I do believe there is the potential to make it sound better.

The setup contains the following equipment, which I'm going to start upgrading, so I'm looking for advise for candidate components:
1. Amp: Soundstage One Hybrid Tube Integrated Amp (25 wpc, Chinese knock-off), which I'm keeping.
2. M60's - that's a no-brainer.
3. 1985 Philips & 1990 Sony CPDs - I need to upgrade.
4. Speaker Wire - I've read so much on speaker wire that I'm ready to buy a reel of it and hang myself. I'm a believer (based on research that I did (5 - 10 yrs. ago) that for audio, you can't do bettter than 99.9% oxygen-free pure copper with non-oxidized leads, of a gauge appropriate to suit the load you're driving. I've been told by "experts" on other Forums, and sales people, that I'm an idiot. Any opninions.
5. Speaker/Amp Interconnects - I have always used raw sanded copper for the speaker/amp interconnect, which I resand if I ever remove them. I know connectors are aestheicaslly more pleasing, and that's my preference, but I'm letting the technical solution be the arbiter here. As for RCA jacks, the ones advertised by Axiom look well made. I used to use Dayton Audio. Any opinions?
6. Sub-woofer - I play at moderate home levels in a multi-use small room (20' x 20' x8'), and obviously don't expect nor do I want to, shake windows or walls. With the M60's should I consider a sub, and would it improve my system performance if I did get one?

Thanks All