Quote:

What I care about is that hearing a difference for whatever reason convinced me to do what I've been wanting to do for a long time-get some better equipment-separates to be exact!! And I'm quite happy and content with this change until I do my next upgrade on acoustics or whatever it might be. That's all that matters anyway, isn't it???

I'm really happy for you. But that's not all that matters to me as an engineer. I'm trying, really hard, to understand why/how some people hear differences amongst various receivers and amps. I believe the differences are related to different volume levels. If you operate two amps of radically different designs and price ranges well within their spec and at the same output power level, I don't believe you will be able to tell the difference between the two.

So perhaps you were operating your old equipment to the point where it was distorting or you are operating your new equipment at a higher power level than the old equipment and enjoying it more.

Please don't let this post spoil your new-found listening experience. Like I said, I am simply trying to understand.