Since I started this thread with a brief expose of my experiences at a "high end" audio shop and my comments about what I heard, I want to make a couple of observations. I never expected, intended or even thought about this taking off like it did. For me, the ride has been very positive and entertaining.

In my second post on this thread I said, "No controversy, no growth!!! No discussion, no learning!! No disagreement, no change!!" That was not meant to be idle talk or just words that I threw out. I believe that completely and I believe it has happened to some degree here. That to me is what one of the goals of this forum is--to learn and understand better one of the topics that is dearest and closet to each of our hearts and minds.

I am not an engineer and many times don't care about all the scientific variables that are involved or at work with sound, amplification, etc. Sometimes I do. What I care about and get excited about is what I hear. Yes it's interesting to know the facts but it's also fun to just hear the music, sounds and differences and let my mind decipher why.

Having said all that, I thank everyone for your thoughts, opinions, facts and observations on this and all other issues in this forum. It has helped me tremendously. We all want answers and this is a good place to get some.

I work with processes and metrics. Measure everything. But to me the funnest part is the "why" of the measurement and changing something after finding the "cause" of a problem. I had a problem (not enjoying my system the way I thought I should) and found what I believed to be the cause (equipment and room acoustics) and I corrected it-at least to some degree for the time being until I improve it some more (added equipment that gave more of the sound that I was looking for).

This is like golf (actually life). You never get there. You may meet goals but there are always more goals. Best is only limited by resources and skills and information.