Holy Cow. You guys are busy and brilliant.

Since JP thinks I'm ignoring him and his blue lasers, I thought I better jump back in just to show that I'm engaged.

Aspiring to add value to this conversation is beyond me. However, I do want to express appreciation for a number of things. I think we celebrate too rarely (or perhaps it's just me).

I continue to LEARN here, which I enjoy very much. One of my most profound lessons came from an American Native Healer, who reminded me that - at every point in our lives - we are all either students or teachers. Being cognizant of your role in the moment leads to a satisfying and honorable journey. I want to thank all of you - and especially Jack and Mojo - for being good Teachers.

I'd agree with Ken's assessment that the tenor of the conversation has been fundamentally inquisitive and respectful. What a great community!

I feel very fortunate. On this topic - as with other issues that tend to cause discord - I'm really quite able to accept and resolve internally the reasoning behind the various viewpoints. It is quite enough - for me - to say that all this stuff is supposed to be fun, that I want my fellow Axiomites to derive joy from this hobby, and that I simply don't know everything. So, I'm not conflicted at all.

Jack said:
Quote:

The question remains, is that perception accurate or not.

Ah, but there's the rub! The notion of "Accuracy" inherently inserts Science as the arbiter of satisfaction. On a pretty basic level, I'm not yet ready to subscribe to the Church of Science. Now, before I'm impaled with forceps or ignited on a bunson burner (or whatever fate befalls "Faithists"), let me digress just a little.

Isn't it true that what we know as "Modern Science" has only been around for a fraction of human existence? Isn't it also true that there continue to be new scientific discoveries? How can we then reasonably assert that we are able to measure everything that we "know" or even know that it needs measuring?

Mojo said
Quote:

What we need is a quantum physicist to calculate amplifier eigenvalues for the wave equation

Maybe! Seriously.

I guess I just don't yet believe that we - as humans - are capable of knowing the scope of what we don't understand.

For me, Science remains a valuable lens through which to view our world. But not the only one. I am ill-equipped to engage all of you in a Faith v. Reason debate, but I am content to know that wisdom and understanding can come from many perspectives.

cgolf said
Quote:

Perception vs. reality is........well that's another thread!!!

Actually, I don't think it is another thread.

And:
Quote:

I enjoy this Emotiva setup

As Jack said, I think that's all that "matters". Congrats. And thank you for spawning another insightful discussion.

Mojo imparted
Quote:

This is just another fine example of how, throughout our history, we've sacrificed quality for convenience and safety.

Effing Brilliant! Thank you!

I am very much enjoying, but have not yet fully digested and analyzed, the "God is in the Nuances" article.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem