Quote:

The power required to bring home a great performance can get pretty large if you want even just moderate listening levels in a large space without any clipping in the dynamics. The reality is that when most people want to crank up their system they rarely achieve the volume level they truly want; instead they go to the level of clipping distortion in the dynamics that they can put up with (which sounds painfully harsh and loud even if it isn’t).

Well put, Rick!!

This Is the most striking "real-world" gain I've realized with a 125w\ch separate power amp vs a 100w\ch good receiver! My setup can now play Much Louder, w\o distortion, irritation, fatigue or strain with the Emo UT series separates powering it.

The other substantial improvements I've gained in separation, depth, soundstage and bandwidth are probably better related to receiver design compromises rather than just fantastic separates, or a combination of both!!! But it IS REAL!

Ted

Samsung 67" DLP 1080P * 2-Axiom EP500 PSW's * Emotiva UT Series Amps * Acoutimass 15's 5.1 = WOW!