Wow - that was quick! Well, the problem is that I only have the surround B jacks on the denon left after wiring my QS8s to surround A jacks and my 22s to the rear back. It may be that zone two can only be done from those rear back jacks and if so I wouldn't be able to use the rear backs in the 7.1 setup. I guess if I wired rear backs to surround b it would work, but am concerned the audessy setup wouldn't catch that they are rear and not side. Still seems like I should have a bit more flexibility. Oh thanks for clarifying - I do get that I'd just wire rcas from directv, cd, etc. to get the outside sound via analog. That was a surprise, however. I sure try to do things the best way and am just hesitant to assign rear backs to surround (and I just bought and spent so much time on all that speaker wire for the back channels since I thought I'd really like having them! ugh!). But, I don't want to lose the ability to hear tunes while on the patio. I just hoped there would be a way. Any suggestions? Are other receivers in this range as finicky about this particular use (speaker b)? I have a tough time settling for less, but maybe have to decide what's most important and give up on something. HHHMMMM! All suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. The receiver is just one week old to me today, so wish to love it more. Why can't everything be as easy as buying Axioms?!