Ok, I got the EP350 this past Tuesday & been experimenting with it quite a bit.

I do have some questions if someone could kind enough to help me out. Now, keep in mind I have been "brainwashed" hearing my 15 year old 10" JBL sub 100wts. My first impressions are good, it sounds tight & clean and can definitely go low...with no distortion.

I kinda feel just little "underwhelmed" I guess. I can't quite pin point it. Below are my settings on my avr, so far these are the best sounding settings...

AVR:
Fronts = large
Sub out level = +1.5
Sub out = Both (fronts & subwoofer)
Xover = 120hz
Phase = normal

EP350:
Phase = normal
Xover = all the way up
Utilizing the low level line in, new 12ft coax sub cable from monoprice
Volume = 75%

I guess my main concern is "compared to my old sub" I have to turn the sub volume up so high (50% on my old sub) , is this the norm for you 350 owners? Especially seeing that my sub out volume on my avr is at +1.5 (it was at 0 on the old sub)

I have placed the 350 in the exact spot of my old sub, so I'm a little perplexed that with a much more powerful sub and a larger woofer that I have to actually turn the volume up so high to get to an even playing field with my old sub. Maybe this is normal??

Don't get me wrong I like it alot, just had to ask you all about the volume setting issues...I thought for sure I would not have to turn the volumes up as much as the my old JBL.

I kinda feel I should have went with the EP500???

Are my settings screwy? I probably should try a different placement, but again, it's in the same spot as my old JBL.

Thx,

Dana

M80's, QS8's, M22's, CHT SHO-10, Dual CHT SS-18.1's, Onkyo NR3008, Mitsubishi WD-73740