Originally Posted By: RickF
 Originally Posted By: BoB/335
That's a great article and confirms what I stated. Placement of the "Sub" can be critical. Not the mains. Being involved with PA (somewhat) I have been in discussions of low frequency cancellation. That can happen with 2 subs and is a good reason NOT to have a system set to "large" where the mains are carrying the same frequencies as the sub. It is the very reason why you should be setting your system to "small" when using a sub.

Bob that is contrary to Alan's 'Receiver and Subwoofer Crossover Setup' article, here's an excerpt...

'For Axiom’s larger tower speakers--the M80ti’s, M60ti’s, and M50ti’s--depending on the particulars of room size, start by selecting the "Large" setting on your receiver for the left and right main speakers, and "Small" for the center and surround channels. With these settings, and the subwoofer set to "On," most receivers will route full-range sound, including deep bass, to the main left and right speakers, and bass below 80 Hz to the "Sub Out" jack on the rear panel of the receiver. (Some rooms may benefit from smoother bass by getting deep bass from three room locations--the sub plus the main left and right speakers--rather than a single subwoofer.) If running your left and right fronts on "Large" produces too much bass output, change the settings for the mains to "Small." You can also experiment with crossover frequencies, raising the center-channel crossover frequency to 120 Hz if you find that results in smoother dialog sound with less coloration. But 80 Hz is a generally desirable crossover frequency in most applications.'

Here's the entire article... Reciever and Subwoofer Crossover Setup

I am using two subs with my 80's set to 'large' without any cancellations issues ... that I know of anyway.

I know little about PA Systems and much less about HT. It is pretty common knowledge and discussion where it is highly likely that 2 subs apart can have cancelling effects.(And I believe especially in the sweet spot.) I have NOT experienced this with my PA System.

Here is my referrence for PA talk http://disc.yourwebapps.com/Indices/22769.html

I will probably not try the large setting myself because of the close proximity of the M80's to the walls. I don't want any boominess.