Originally Posted By: St_PatGuy
I am constantly amazed at how important room and placement issues are. A horrible room can single handedly make an expensive system not sound so good.

Having a bad room, I used to be surprised at how good my system sounded. As I learned more, it seems that most things have a much more subtle effect than many would have you believe. Call it the 'Blows this away' theory. People really want for there to be large differences between A and B, be it two sets of speakers a perfect room and a bad room, treated vs untreated...

Hell, I cut my giant room peak but 14db, a HUGE amount, and the difference is quite subtle. Maybe if I am able to resolve all my room issues the difference will be more pronounced, but I still doubt that the 'fixed' room will 'blow away' the original setup.

Maybe if you take the perfect recording in the perfect room with perfect speakers, it will blow away thaty crappy recording in that crappy room with crappy speakers, but in reality, there are just so many variables how likely is it that this will happen?

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!