Oh and to address a few earlier questions, my search for high end audio was actually rather short lived. You see after the fire I thought I was going to go with a complete Cambridge Soundworks set-up. But when they no longer offered the $2000 dollar power towers I'd been wanting to upgrade to all those years, I started searching for something else in the $2000 dollar range. Paradigm was the 1st company I really researched at any great length. Then I found Axiom when searching for subwoofers.

And I really liked what I saw and heard about all the Axiom products so from that moment forward I was gung-ho about a 100% Axiom HT system... until Bob's thread came up. Hearing about a person who was as disappointed in his purchase as Bob was, along with all the poor comments I read on the Salk forum really made me second guess whether or not spending $4000 dollars on speakers I've never even heard before was a wise choice. I didn't run out and search for another brand at that point, because Steve quickly picked up the ball and offered a demo at his place.

So I figured I'd wait to make my decision until I heard the speakers (he has every speaker I'm getting) first hand. Well I no longer have any hesitation or desire to search out a different brand. I'm not here to say Bob was wrong, I'm a staunch believer in 'to each his own'. All I'm here to say is that I love the M80's/EP800/QS8's & VP150 combo. If they are bright then I like bright. They will no doubt be 'brighter' yet in my living room, but I have no fear that I won't like them. My mind is made up.

So now it's order time. But my girlfriend & I depart on a 9 day trip to Rome/Venace & Florence on the 12th, so I'm going to wait until we get back from our trip to put my order in.

You never know, I may just NEED that $4000 dollars while we're there!

Last edited by Micah; 03/08/09 07:03 PM.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD