Originally Posted By: kcarlile
Dave, I hope you're not hoping for an experience like that when you listen to my M80s! ;\)

WHAAAAAT! I was hoping M80's were magical and transformed any listening environment, even if powered 30 year old 25w Heathkit amp. Say it is so! ;\)

Originally Posted By: Adrian
No, Ken, he's looking for an even BETTER experience...not to put any pressure on you or anything.

Adrian, come on now, Ken is very generously volunteering his time to help out (a soon to be) fellow Axiomite. I will certainly 'settle' for a roughly similar audio experience that Micah had at Steve's. So Ken, no pressure at all, no worries, I am keeping my expectations realistic... \:D

Seriously though, since I am considering upgrading from my 1909, I am very curious what level of AVR teams with the given Axiom to create the given SQ. I'd LOVE to think (dream?) Steve had a 2808 to create such SQ at 100dB. Of course if he had a 1909 , that would be best. LOL If he had a 3808, that would still be good to hear. Any AVR or pre/pro with a stack of separates... Say it ain't so, Steve, say it ain't so!

Last edited by davekro; 03/11/09 05:03 PM. Reason: SP

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."