Well guys, all I can say about Oppo is that as soon as the BDP version is available to the regular Joe I will be ordering one. I love the PS3 as well, but I really do notice a difference watching upscaled DVD's on my PS3 vs. my Oppo 981 - less jaggies and motion artifact in general with the Oppo (I am not a video expert but certain things do annoy me). Sorry Zimm, but I thought you needed to know \:D

Peter - get an Oppo and forget about upscaling features in your AVR as you suggested

As for the SC-05 (to try and keep this thread on track), I do think it's about the audio quality primarily so I am still leaning towards the SC-05. I agree with your wife Peter! My only concern is regarding the crossover settings. For my setup I will need to set the crossover in the 80 to 100 Hz range. The SC-05 allows 80 or 100 and others but not 90 Hz (thanks for the info Peter). Does anyone think this would be a serious shortcoming with W22's, W150 and QS8's having to choose between 80 and 100Hz crossover?

Dan
On-Wall M5HP LCR, QS8 & EP500 in 7.1