I've been following this UMC situation for over a year. While there have been hints in the podcasts as to dates, this is the first time that they've actually put up a date on the product page itself. I find that meaningful. Perhaps I'm being too optimistic.

Make no mistake though, I totally agree with you that it's taken a VERY long time to bring it to market. Hell, there are posts that I made on Emotiva's forum last May/June where I said I was looking forward to the July '08 release date. ;\)

They claim to be in the second round of testing, to test the error corrections made from the first round. It just seems to take them a really long time to get stuff done.

But I can't help but think that they wouldn't have actually published that date if they weren't reasonably sure they could hit it.

And Emotiva has learned from this. They've already stated (in the forums) that they have other products in the pipeline, but that they will not be releasing any information about them until they have firm release dates. Whether that's BS remains to be seen, but it's probably a wise decision.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office