Originally Posted By: pmbuko
As a husband, my money became our money when we married. As a father, I prioritize things that benefit everyone over things that benefit me alone. I understand that not every man is comfortable with giving up his me money nor does every wife expect him to do so. We just thought it made sense for us. I earn most of the money, but she handles most of our life's details. You can't attach a salary to that. ;\)

My wife is coming around on the "need" for us to upgrade some of our HT equipment, primarily the TV -- we're still stuck in the tube ages. This is a benefit to the family, so it's an easier sell.

I completely agree with you. What used to be spending money before our child, now goes to diapers and formula,which leaves essentially nothing for spending money. We put aside savings every paycheck for emergencies, as well as another for a Holiday Fund. Thats why when I cash out my savings bonds ( usually every 6-9 months) it feels like Christmas. Thats actually how I'm funding my new speakers. Savings Bonds, and I sold a couple paintball guns.

Sanyo Z5 HD Projector w/100" screen
Yamaha RXV-663,BD30,HD-A30
Toshiba 55SV670U
M60s
VP150
QS8s