I think Zimm's comments describe the thoughts I had relative to showing M80's at their finest. I have a very good and critical ear and am sensitive to high transients and detailed mid-range inner voices and just about everything else. My understanding about equipment on the order of B&K is that these details would be produced to a better degree and with a reserve of power that at higher levels would be as clear and natural (or neutral) sounding as at lower levels. Mark's suggestion is one I've considered but for now I haven't the room to add mono blocks. I could however live with Outlaw's preamp and amp combination, but I think the B&K for some reason is still my preference. I am open to other suggestions. As a rule I am a thorough researcher on any products I buy. Next to a house and a car, this is going to be a big item purchase for me and my technical knowledge is residual carryover from the 90's! I've learned a great deal from this forum and all of your comments have been instructive. I've stayed with the thought of buying Axioms...read all about the angst regarding upgrading so I think the M80's or maybe 60's would do the trick for me. The main reason I am leaning toward the 80's is for its bass reproduction and apparently better defined highs (that is my conclusion from my reading). In any case thanks for taking the time to respond...Lee