Seeking, you haven't filled your profile out completely, where do you live? I think the best thing you could do is go audition a pair of Axioms for yourself. If you live near any of the Axiom regulars here, I'm sure one of them would be happy to have you. This is how I started my journey into Axiom ownership. Like you, I had all but made my mind up on a pair of M80's. Then when it came time to pull the trigger, I started to freeze because I was worried about spending so much money on speakers I'd never even listened to. That's when SRoode graciously invited me to come audition his set-up. The experience couldn't have been any better for me. Not only did those speakers completely blow me away, but the whole visit was just an excellent time, a very fond memory for me indeed. I was hooked from that moment, I HAD to have those speakers!

I'm not implying that you HAVE to get the M80's, I think you'll be very satisfied with any of the speakers you're considering. I'm just saying if you have the opportunity to audition any Axiom product at all, I would highly recommend it. And don't sweat the decision too hard, because their 30 day return policy is fool proof. You could try out each of these speakers in your home and return them within the 30 day trial period and then try another pair until you find the one's you are happy with.

The same also goes for the Emotiva's. And as far as your choice of either the M22's or M60's goes, I don't recall anyone having problems with Emotiva's powering them. It's when you upgrade to the M80's that they can be problematic. M80's are finicky about what they want powering them. So if you think you will eventually wind up with M80's, then perhaps you should look elsewhere. I have the Emotiva XPA-3 pushing my M80's, but there was a learning curve involved in teaching them to 'get along'. Oh yes, the M80's are definately the bullies of the playground! \:\)

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD