Yes, I had some reservations about buying speakers I hadn't actually heard but the guys here had reassured me that the M80s were similar to the sound of the Studio 100s which I'd already auditioned. Now, the other thing I should mention is that Debbie at Axiom offered to open the Axiom plant on her day off(!!!) so that I could hear the M80s...I decided that since I lived within 3 hrs drive, I would simply buy the speakers(pick them up myself), try them in my own home and go from there. If I didn't like them, I'd pack them back up and return them myself, or obviously keep them if I liked them. I spent a couple of days messing around with placement as well as my new Denon AVR before I really started to appreciate the M80s, although I was surprised at the bass they could generate immediately.

My setup is pretty typical of the guys with "non-dedicated" home theatres....M80s/VP150/QS8s,(although I bought a Paradigm DSP3400 Sub on sale locally), 52" LCD and a Denon AVR and BD player. Have a look at SRoode's or RickF's for some really nice HT's.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.