Originally Posted By: Scamp
Originally Posted By: solarrdadd
Scamp brought some very yummy cupcakes for dessert! a good time was had by all.

How well did the audition go? I was so wrapped up in the sound I totally forgot to have a cupcake. That's some serious sound!

They enjoyed a very active 7.1 "Hellboy II" and really loved the sounds that all of the Axioms

I'd been on the fence about 5.1 vs 7.1, but this made it easy. The back channel really added to the film without hitting you over the head. The field was very even an enveloping. 7.1 is it for me.

We listened to a variety of music to from CD's, SACD's and DVD-A sources. they had a lot to say about the speakers.

We started with a CD of sample music we brought (iTunes lossless burned to CD), and then listed to the DVD-A. Wowser! What a difference. It made the CD sound muddy by comparison.

I think Scamp is very, very close to joining us here in the Axiom camp!

There is where you are wrong my friend. I am not all that close to joining the Axiom camp... I'm already in it. My order was placed as soon as we made it home. smile

3 - M22's for Left, Right, Center
4 - QS8's for Sides and rear's.
Plus I'll round things out with an SVS PC13-Ultra.

Thanks again Solarrdadd for pushing me over the edge!

WoW, I'm both happy and proud of and for you scamp! congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Axiom family. I am happy i could help you in your choice to join us. those M22v3's coupled with that sub will bring you some serious HT and 2 channel music listening pleasure i'm sure. please let me know when you get your order. again, congrats and i'm happy i gave you the extra little push you needed. i've had two of the cupcakes already. i expect i'll knock off another one or two tomorrow!

Team Axiom, on the job!

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93