SRoode,

You forgot D. Never sneak up behind a horse and tickle it's ass.

J/k, you are correct of course, this is why I left the door open for him to tell me to piss off. laugh

I wasn't trying to be intrusive so much as I was just being curious about the trade in value of speakers that old. Because here's my scenario, I've been reading the reviews of the VP180 from guys with M80 V2's and most say that while the combo is spectacular, they notice just a slight difference in sound quality between the two speakers.

Therefore if I were to upgrade to a VP180 I would also be curious to know how much it would be to trade in my 1 year old M80's on the V3's (or the kit to bring the V2's up to V3 specs). I'm not worried about it without a VP180 as I'm sure the differences between the V2's & V3's are so subtle I would never notice the difference once I got rid of the V2's & hooked the V3's up. However if the V3's match the VP180 perfectly, AND if the cost in upgrading my V2's was very minimal, then I might go for it.

If the cost to upgrade is not all that minimal, then I probably wouldn't sweat it much as I'm sure whatever differences there are between the M80 V2's and the VP180 are much harder to tell apart from the VP150 I currently have, and find no faults with.

In other words, most everything in my post is hypothetical. wink

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD