OK, so I'm convinced about speaker wire. Actually, I'm convinced to UPgrade, as I still have some cheapo 16 guage zipcord for my surround speakers.

But, how about interconnects? Is it the same where the cheapest cord with the appropriate connectors are adequate or should you spend some dough for some decent ones? From years with a cheap system, I have concluded that the cable does make a difference, as I often would have unexplained static, distortion or video noise that could be alleviated just by moving cables around. It seemed that the cheap cables lacked the insulation to avoid interference from surrounding cables/fields. Or they were too thin, and were easily damaged. Any truth to this?

Having just put in an (expensive) order for some bettercables.com interconnects to finally replace my cheapo ones, I hope that this was justified! (for the sake of my survival against a vigilant budgeting spouse!) It's probably not too late to cancel the order!

M60s, VP150, QS8 x4 ACI Titan II sub Anthem AVM20 pre/pro Anthem PVA7 amp Panasonic DVD-RP91