Well, as it turns out, it was too late to cancel my order with bettercables.com! They were so prompt, the day after I left the post about the cables (and the day after I orderd them) they were at my door. And that was the free ground shipping - overnight!

I decided that since I now had a good quality preamp and amp to connect instead of just a receiver, I at least needed new cables to connect the amp to the preamp. For the others, I could wait and see, and maybe do some comparisons. (Things are mostly wired with the freebie cables or Walmart specials.) So I have new bettercables silver serpent interconnects between my Anthem preamp and amp. I also bought one new digital coax to "upgrade" my old CD player. (see my post in another thread)

The sound blows away anything I had before, but that is comparing the new components, not any cables. I just didn't want to worry about the connections between the amp and preamp being low-quality. The source connectors I'll do one as the mood strikes.

M60s, VP150, QS8 x4 ACI Titan II sub Anthem AVM20 pre/pro Anthem PVA7 amp Panasonic DVD-RP91