Wow. I am just reading this thread for the first time and it sounded like a lost cause from the start. It is very odd that the speaker connectors just "fell off." Not saying that they didn't but very strange to me, and if so, very rare since I don't think that it has ever been reported here before.

Then to say that the M80s are lacking "some level" of bass is silly. It isn't the same as having a sub, but I remember listening to Randy's (Sirquack's) M80s a few years back. He was doing a demo for someone else at the time. I asked him "so which sub(s) are turned on?" since he had a few hooked up... He said, "None. That is just the M80s."

I was amazed at the bass level. Then again, he has a nicely treated room for sound, and my little theater room was terrible for acoustics. I was breaking about every rule out there with a room and my M60s due to limited HT room location possibilities in our house.

So the M80s have very nice bass, if you ask me. Again, not a kick you in the chest bass level from a big powered sub, but damn impressive.

My V4.0 of my theater in our new house will be "built to spec" with a good amount of the right treatments. I can't wait to hear what my M60s can do.

Farewell - June 4, 2020