I think this one was mentioned before but I'll bring it up again as I picked it up over the weekend in a sale bin. I found it on Amazon for reference.

A 'Mercury Living Presence' recording of "Tchakovsky's 1812 Festival Overture & Cappriccio Italien and Beethoven's Wellington's Victory" Dorati -- Tchakovsky's 1812 Festival Ove...ngton's Victory

It's an old re-master of an even older 1950s recording so you still hear the analog hiss but the sound quality is excellent. Of particular interest is an interesting commentary on the recording of the cannon fire and samples of how they recorded it several times to get the most realistic effect. The difference in the samples is more than obvious.

There is also commentary on the recording of the very stunning bell work and on Wellington's Victory but I haven't made it that far yet.

Between the cannon fire and the bells, your system will get a real workout.

Warning to the feint hearted:
Click to reveal..
There is a bit of a pause after the 1812 Overture and just when you are getting up to see why the next track isn't playing.... BOOM!!!! Cannon fire. I don't often jump but I'll admit to a pretty good twitch. wink

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.