Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
JBall, my post was not directed towards you, though I used your example of doing an actual speaker comparison as a "jumping off point".

I hope you have many happy listening sessions with your Ascends!

Yeah 3 months ago I should have used a different phrase than "sucks for the price"

My meaning of that phrase is the same as
Not a great bang for the buck
Doesn't perform to other products in the same price points

Which its not only me saying that but also some really die hard Axiom fans say the same thing.

We looked at the EP600 measurements done awhile and the re done measurements and compared it to the new SVS PB12 NSD an while they were fairly close above 40hrz the SVS outshined the EP600 below 40hrz. Its kind of sad in my eyes that a subwoofer costing $759.00 can outdo an $1870 subwoofer. Plus both offer DSP, and powerful digital amps.

Axiom speakers somewhat of a good bang for the buck, the subwoofer not so much.

Its why these Axiom subwoofer thread pop up all the time is the HUGE price gaps between Axiom subs and the competition. As of right now Axiom can't match the other ID brands like SVS, HSU, Rythmik, and eD.

They don't suck performance wise, they just haven't kept up with the competition. SVS, HSU, Rythmik keep innovating bring new updated better performing products on a regualar basis.

And when Gene corrected me on his forum that Axiom subwoofers don't suck, he then went on to say that, they just haven't kept up and they perform well but its 2003-2004 performance not 2012. The competition has just improved so much that if you stand idle to long you get left behind.

Last edited by gtpsuper; 03/22/12 10:39 PM.