Originally Posted By: pmbuko
Translation: OMG, OBAMA IS WILLFULLY DESTROYING ALL WE HOLD DEAR! WE ARE DOOMED! DOOOOOOOMMMEDDD!!!!! IT CAN'T BE THAT I SIMPLY DISAGREE WITH HIS POLICIES AND HAVE FALLEN FOR THE DIVISIVENESS CREATED BY BOTH PARTIES AND THE MEDIA! EXAGGERATION! PARANOIA! HELLFIRE!!!!

Since we are throwing stereotypes out there (wait, wasn't this supposed to stay civil), anyway, spoken like a typical leftist.

Sort of like when I travel for work and I make one comment (or a dozen) about anything, at all, to do with corn, and people say, oh, that's right, you are from Iowa. It isn't like I am a farmer. Heck, I've never lived on a farm, and I only know 2 farmers. One is my wife's uncle, and the other was the father of one of my best friends in high-school.

I think that any more people feel that they need to lean even further to the left or right to get their point across. Heaven forbid that we try to show any level of compromise... That is like giving up... Compromising our beliefs/desires... Gets us called "soft" by others with similar thoughts as us....... Actually works towards seeing the other person's perspective... Stops some of the flip/flopping every time we get a new president who "has to" swing the pendulum so far back the other way so that when they lose an election, it hinders the other guy's ability to try to run the country.

NOTE: While I did quote a message at the start of this. This was directed at everyone reading/participating in this thread. For everything that you think sounds ridiculous, the "other side" has similar thoughts/comments about you.

I know that a number of the regulars here voted for Obama, are registered as "Democrat", or are in some other shape or form "way out there" from what I think on a lot of this stuff, but I'm cool with that. I think it would be terrible if we were all lemmings...

I also think that the governmental system is corrupt more now (in this "day and age," not picking on Obama because it goes back further and much wider than just him) than it was decades ago.

Farewell - June 4, 2020