wid, I hear ya. I got a little hyper there for a moment. I have been very vocal on the 80's. I have said good things and to be honest I have said some bad. I had problems with placing these. Some had to do with the wife, some with the room and some with the speaker itself. I just don't think it's fair for the folks at Axiom to say that any statements about placement are a fallacy. That is just plain wrong. There are without a doubt 2 things these speakers to me are guilty of. The first is the brightness or in your face of the 80's and they can be moody with placement. It drives me nuts when I see people post that the 80's are not bright but yet you can get parts direct from Axiom to tone down the tweeter.

Anyway, sorry again if I came across a little strong there but the comments you made about what Joe said got me going......I'm going to leave his comments on the 80's are a better speaker then the 60's alone to as this will get me going all over again as from what I can tell on paper, there is not a big enough difference to justify that statement.! lol