Hawkson, I have M60s as well. Some CDs I just don't listen to anymore because they are recorded poorly. I never noticed those CDs to be crappy recordings on my old speakers. On the other hand, just as many CDs now sound great that were crappy before. The M60s are a double-edged sword, and I did go through periods of "love-not quite as in love" with them.

The resistors are one possible idea. Turning the treble down at times, or using an EQ is another. Softening the room could also help. If it is the highest registers that annoy you, then M50s probably wouldn't fix that. If it's the upper midrange, then they might.

Swapping the M60s out for a different brand of towers that will blend well with the rest of your setup is another possibillity. Would cost some bucks though. The Monitor Audio Silver 8s or 6s would probably blend pretty well, but be more forgiving with those crappy recordings. I have some little MA Bronzes that have pretty much the same sound character as the Silvers. If you ask me nicely I'll plug 'em in downstairs and see how they blend with Axioms.

Maybe somebody else has some suggestions for speakers that might blend well with Axioms, but have a little less high frequency response?