Guy's, don't sweat the bitrate as far as treble goes. I have been doing MP3's since before Napster. I have stuff at 128 to 320 and very, very rarely (If ever) will the bitrate make a difference with the top end. If you have a bad disc and it gets ripped at 128 or 320 or whatever, it's still bad. If you get a cd that is bass heavy, once again it don't much matter if it's ripped at 128 or 320, it's still more or less the same. Junk in, junk out. I have been using Exact Audio with LAME for years and I have never and I mean never ripped a CD regardless of bitrate and had it come out brighter etc. That may go out the window if you start using audio levelling or digital correction and all the other junk out there but a disc ripped as is with no digital mods to it, comes out darn near the same as what went in if ripped high enough.

By the way, I'm always looking to share when it comes to MP3's! I'm sitting at 12,711 as I type this and exactly 85% of that was ripped as good as you can get at 320. If someone is looking for something, let me know!

Has anyone thought for just a minute that his speakers are bright? Maybe the next guy with 60's finds them A-Ok but if he say's there bright, there bright. Every time I see someone say something about the treble with Axiom speakers a million reasons come out as to why they are not. If there not, how come people keep posting they are????? Makes you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm