Well since you specifically mentioned the brand, I've had both the Bravo D1 and Bravo D2. Both have FABULOUS picture quality via DVI. The D1 had build quality problems, but I was treated admirably by V, INC, which refunded my money after more than 6 months. I was one of the first in line for the D2. I haven't had one single problem with it.

If you lose power, or turn it completely off, rather than just put it into standby (the display reads "off" when it's it standby; it's blank when the unit is completely off) it will forget your settings and default to it's initial settings when you power it back up. But, there is a firmware upgrade available on the V, INC web site which fixes this, and I would suspect the current models come with the newer firmware. I got mine back in June.

I've heard that there can be problems with the D2 and long DVI cable runs to some (but not all) projectors. And, though I'm not certain, it seems to be a factor of the cable quality. I'm running a 3 ft. DVI cable to a Gefen 4x1 DVI switch, and a 9 ft. DVI cable from the Gefen to my Samsung HLN4365W HDTV. No problems. On occasion, the Sammy has trouble with the HDCP handshake, but that is a Gefen problem, NOT a D2 problem. It doesn't happen often enough to be a major annoyance.

The sound quality is as good as any player I've ever had.

All in all, I'm VERY happy with the D2.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton