I can tell you this about my S97 and a 104" screen. I LOVE MPEG Noise Reduction.

Like listening to a crappy mixed CD on your Axioms (you didn't notice it before, but now, with good speakers you can tell), on a good projector (not saying the Z3 is the best, but for the price...) with a large screen, you can tell the poorly transfered DVDs vs. the good ones. Just because a DVD is newer, don't assume that it is good transfer. Anyway, I've used the MPEG Noise Reduction to get rid of some graininess in some DVDs. You lose detail, but that is better than looking at a speckled image. On a good transfer, you'll never use that.

I have been using my S97 for a few months now and really like it.

One word of caution. There are a lot of settings that you can play with on the S97. I have had to reset back to factory defaults once because I had "tweaked" it too much and wasn't keeping track of the changes I was making and ended up with a lower quality image being sent to my projector. I went back to factory, and started with minor tweaks and after just a couple of minor setting changes (about 5 minutes tops) I had a better picture than anything I had gotten after hours of playing around. The big thing is that I wanted to see first hand what the settings did, got it really out of whack, but then knew what settings to change to get it paired up nicely with my projector and room.

Farewell - June 4, 2020