Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I think your comments go a long way in helping people appreciate, albeit anecdotally, that the Axiom subs are of very high quality, even with respect to the current pervasive internet buzz about other companies.

I'm happy to read some subjective comments (sounds more "musical", etc.); frankly, I think people focus too much on the notion that sub performance is completely quantifiable. I don't understand why subwoofers would be immune to the same premise that we apply to other speakers - that some models simply sound "better" TO ME and some are going to sound better TO YOU.

I am not surprised that the significantly more expensive SVS was preferred. Again, it is an old saw worth repeating: making a good loudspeaker is not difficult, but making a good loudspeaker for an attractive price is an accomplishment.

Finally, I really appreciate your comments about room placement. We all fiddle with that, but hearing that you worked through it thoroughly with numerous models AND got meaningful results form the changes is encouraging to everyone, and a good reminder that room boundaries play a very important part in the listening experience.

Thanks again for your thoughtful and candid review.

bibere usque ad hilaritatem