Again, I think its fair for someone to have a strong opinion about something and not be working for the company. I for one am a strong advocate of SVS. Why? Because they damn well deserve it. I have not heard an Axiom sub, or an HSU sub...but when I go to high end audio stores (save a 10" Sunfire subwoofer I heard) I've downright hated them all! I mean...I go places to demo receivers and speakers and I always walk away saying "that would have been better if it had a better subwoofer hooked up." For the most part subwoofers have been noise producers more than anything. Either that or they're horribly calibrated...so shame on those stores!

So, its easy to have a strong opinion, even after first impressions. I'm an advocate of almost all the components I own. But I can easily be critical of my own equipment if I hear something that is superior. In terms of speakers the only ones I've heard that are actually "superior" to the Axioms and those are the B&W 800s...which is completely unfair as they are $10000 a speaker. Ouch!

All this to say I think that the line between a shill and advocate or fan can be a very small one. Bottom line is everyone ends up having to pick a favorite somewhere. Even if they don't end up owning their favorite.

"We're on the island of Misfit Toys"