Did you find you really needed the EQ? After a bunch of tweaking the positions of the speakers, I got 'em where I don't feel I need EQ at all. If you do use the EQ, one thing I learned while mixing live sound is find a freq range (i.e. an instrument) that is not as forward in the mix as it should be. Then, figure out what is drowning it out and drop that freq or those freqs JUST enough that the instrument is clear. In other words, it is usually better to drop freqs than bump them. I'm not a devoted "no EQ" disciple, but I decided I would push that theory as far as I could with my new setup, and it seems to work well so far. Just have to go through much more hassle to position the speaks (and I also tweaked furniture postitioning). And I mean 1" in any direction or 1 degree of toe-in or out can make a big differerence. Check out my posts the last week or two and you can track my frustrations and foibles as far as getting it right. As far as +8 on the sub, that isn't unusual judging from many of the posts I see here. My EP350 is usually at +5 for HT and +2.5 for music. But in the end, if you think it sounds good, well, it sounds good to you. And you didn't spend all that money to make me or anyone else happy, now, did you?

"There's too many notes!" M22ti VP150 EP350 QS8 AVR-2805 SCD595 Panasonic DVD-S35