In reply to:

Jalapeno

speaking of which... i went to the vegetable section of the piggly-wiggly the other night just lookin for some simple jalapenos. up pops this little whipper-snapper, in his clean white apron and his spiffy produce name-tag. "what can i help you find sir".. as if i couldnt find it.. "well, timmy..., i am looking for your peppers.. jalapenos specifically". "right back over here they are", as he hustles past the cantalopes and bananas. takes a right at the mangos, and shoots right past the seedless grapes. "you makin a killer pot of chili", he asks as we walk. now every man worth his weight in terds knows that you NEVER ask a man about his chili, its just bad etiquette, but i decide to play along.. "naw, i am building a life-size statue of george w bush in jalapenos, but i need a few extra to finish up the boots". he stops and smiles, "that sounds cool man, let me check that out when you are done".. and as we stop at the pepper section, he looks and points and says, "well, here ya go". i stand, in awe.. speechless, unable to form a thought or sentence. for in front of me, is the ugliest looking rack of habaneros peppers i have ever seen. wrinkly, flat, their normal bright orange faded to a dull brown. what in damn-nation is going on here!! dont that boy know the difference between a jalapeno and a habanero? what has the produce section come to? would he know the difference between romaine and iceberg? i doubt it. no thank you young man, i can find 'em on my own.. and next time i am going to krogers!!

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??