AxiomAudio Blog

Axiom’s New Computer Speakers

Blind Listening Tests

Sneak Peek into Axiom’s Current Research and Development

Wall'O'Fame
Solarrdadd's 7.1 Apartment HT!
A promise is A promise... Axiom's second home
Who's Online
1 registered (1sweetspot), 32 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Financing
Forum Stats
13358 Members
11 Forums
23073 Topics
407981 Posts

Max Online: 378 @ 02/24/13 04:33 PM
Top Posters
Ken.C 17841
pmbuko 16319
SirQuack 13356
CV 11384
MarkSJohnson 11058
Meanwhile On Facebook

⚠ Only 5 days left in our Computer Speaker Presale! http://www.axiomaudio.com/c...

(y) Love this review a customer sent us recently: "Bottom line, these speakers...

❔ The new M1 High Powered Computer Speaker uses Axiom's latest full one-inch twe...

High Powered Computer Speaker - Preorder Sale!

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Andre @ Today at 06:20 PM

Ordered the Crown XLI 800 today $368 CDN
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pre-Amp or get an older used one by Serenity_Now @ Today at 05:50 PM

Yuck. Denon. Lol. Just kidding. Matt, do you have 2 preamps you can compare now in your possession? The pioneer and something else? That way you canmuck around and do a dry run first. You would almost need to make measurements between setups to b
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pre-Amp or get an older used one by exlabdriver @ Today at 05:38 PM

If you guys can hear major differences in modern pre-amps, then you have way better hearing than I do, ha! Thankfully I'm more than happy with my Denon AVR that I got on clearance a couple of years ago for half price. It does the job for both HT &a
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pre-Amp or get an older used one by oakvillematt @ Today at 05:19 PM

I did go back online with Canuck and the only pre-amp is the Arcam AVP700. That was the unit that I was originally talking about in my post. There are some very strong points that go along with the unit, and I know that Arcam is clearly not the big
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ Today at 04:18 PM

I think I'm goin to reboot/reset Denon AVR .......maybe applying filters from 150 even though Audyssey is off???? Can't hurt I'll report back later
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by theskins @ Today at 04:04 PM

Swap......speaker sounded like playing from a tin can.....so polarity was correct
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: C14 plug & hooking up a UPS by CatBrat @ Today at 02:54 PM

The APC-J15 I mentioned above is battery and surge for Home Theater use.
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Eric's Birthday by CatBrat @ Today at 02:50 PM

Thank you. Thank you. Oh wait! I'm not Eric.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Pre-Amp or get an older used one by Serenity_Now @ Today at 02:19 PM

Yeah, it sucks when you think there is a bottleneck somewhere and you know the only way to find out for sure is to spend some money.... Honestly, having been in your shoes (and watching your evolution of gear over the last year or so) I would sugges
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Eric's Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Today at 11:02 AM

Happy birthday, Eric!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by Da_Gimp_Pimp @ Today at 11:01 AM

Happy birthday, Chris!
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Wall plates & other accessories by minorc @ Today at 10:34 AM

I ended up using cablesonsale, great selection and prices. Now to figure out paint color.. Thanks all
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Modern Pre-Amp or get an older used one by oakvillematt @ Today at 10:10 AM

Call it upgrade-itus. I have a Pioneer receiver that I am basically using as a pre-amp. It works and sounds OK. I will say that I sort of prefer the sound of my older Nakamichi AV1 but it won't work with my LFR1100 speakers as it has no pre-out.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Andre @ Today at 09:55 AM

Dang it, I always get those two confused. I ment Adcom
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Serenity_Now @ Today at 09:49 AM

Well, you can argue they were free and splurge on an amp upgrade. I can support any and all assumptions you may have about Arcam being a worthwhile investment.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: M100 amp selection by Andre @ Today at 09:37 AM

There was an Arcam on the Canukaudiomart in Edmonton but I missed it, hence the reason I was looking at the class AB Crown XLI. The speakers cost enough so I have to keep the amp cost as low as possible or the wife will.....
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by Serenity_Now @ Today at 08:21 AM

Hdcp 2.2 and atmos arent doable for $400 quite yet. I'd get something from Canuckaudiomart with that budget. I would stay clear of onkyo.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by casey01 @ Today at 08:07 AM

Originally Posted By: JordanExcellent suggestions guys. I'm assuming that the accessories for less route means a trip south of the border, correct? Well, since they are an online only reseller, you would require a U.S. address to which to ship, if
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by Jordan @ Today at 07:34 AM

Excellent suggestions guys. I'm assuming that the accessories for less route means a trip south of the border, correct?
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Vp 180 center by brwsaw @ Today at 01:51 AM

Sorry, I was hoping you could confirm did you check the polarity visually or did you swap the cable ends and listen?
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Eric's Birthday by CV @ Today at 01:28 AM

Eric, Happy Birthday!
The Water Cooler
Jump to new posts Re: Chris's Birthday by Lampshade @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

Sorry Bob, The cake is gone. But I will send Jay back to Brookline to get you one.
Technical Questions
Jump to new posts Re: Trasmission Line Speaker Design by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 09:14 PM

I'll second PMC as fantastic TL speakers. Spent some time as I auditioned coveting them. Very expensive.
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: C14 plug & hooking up a UPS by Serenity_Now @ Yesterday at 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: CatBrat There's also a rechargeable light plugged in under the TV that's switched off, but comes on automatically when the power to the house stops, to let me know to shut down the theater. That is a great idea. Thanks for s
Home Theater
Jump to new posts Re: Help me choose an AVR by oakvillematt @ Yesterday at 09:08 PM

Another option that you can get great deals on but it's sort of a waiting game. Big box stores like Futureshop generally carry two years worth of inventory. So as new stuff comes out, the old stuff gets cleared out at a reasonable price. I pick
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Home  |  Corporate Info  |  Products  |  Message Board  |  FAQs  |  Warranty  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Statement   |  Contact Us

©2014 Colquhoun Audio Laboratories Limited
All Rights Reserved.